2024 Pantone Color of the Year

Pantone's color of the year for 2024 is "Peach Fuzz" (13-1023), which is a warm, orange-y pink. Pantone describes this color as "a clean peach tone with a vintage vibe" which brings "a feeling of kindness and tenderness, communicating a message of caring and sharing, community and collaboration."

While personally I'm not a huge fan of working with orange hues - I'm more of a moody, jewel tone girl myself - I think it is such a great challenge to work outside your own comfort zone, and what a color to do that with! 

So, off to Pinterest we go - first thing is searching for a "peach fuzz" color palette, as that will help determine decor, flowers, signage.. the list goes on. As I'm scrolling through pictures, all I can think is of a bright, warm, summer wedding. Picturing the light blue sky, sun on your face, and bringing in that open, caring feeling that peach fuzz emulates. After focusing on two inspo palettes, I settled on these colors for the main wedding color scheme.

Inspo here and here


Continuing with that bright summer wedding idea - let's start with stationery. Now, one thing to know about me, I LOVE me some good stationery. I guess it comes from my love of history and working in museum archives, going through old scrapbooks and seeing all the cards people saved from their weddings and births of children, and the cards they received for these life-changing events. I know not everyone does that today, but stationery can turn into a beautiful keepsake from your wedding (check out this beautiful wedding flower preservation option, which features the couple's wedding invite), even if you aren't into scrapbooking. 

Stationery is also so personal, you can go in so many different design directions. From elegant, to floral, to vintage, and minimalistic - below are a few options that stuck out to me.

*stationery linked below*


For the wedding party, dresses from Revelry and Birdy Grey have great bright and colorful options. Like I mentioned before, I'm personally not a huge fan of orange-pink hues - this stems from it being a really unflattering color for clothing for me. Peach is not for everyone, so this is a great opportunity to bring in your other wedding colors and have a mismatched wedding party! For the groom's side - a summer linen suit in a light color would be perfect (with the touch of color with the tie and boutonniere!). Below are some options that stuck out to me.

*wedding party inspo linked below*

And the ceremony, where two become one legally (and spiritually, if you believe in that)!!! For a summer wedding, an outdoor ceremony is the ideal (but make sure you have a rain plan you are happy with - ask your venue what rain plan options you have!). All out on florals, perhaps on a waterfront venue (check out Lakeside Occasions in Topeka, IN!) - these things just scream summer wedding. Below you can find inspo pics for the ceremony.
*ceremony inspo linked below*


The reception is the big celebration, where everyone can unwind, relax, and celebrate the couple (you!). These reception inspo pics to me really reflect that, as well as the warm and summery vibes of the wedding based off of Pantone's 2024 Color of the Year.

*reception inspo linked below*

Thank you so much for taking the time to read (or scroll) through this post! Please feel free to reach out to me for any questions (or claim credit - some of the Pinterest posts didn't give credit to the OG person!), and hopefully this post gives you a little bit of an idea of my planning and design style to determine if I am a good fit to help with your big day!


Stationery links:

Wedding party inspo links:

Ceremony inspo links:

Reception inspo links:
 

Comments